Norm

 photo 55af9fb7-20fd-45ef-90dd-86d7ad9f215f_zps732307e3.jpg

Thursday, June 12, 2014

Detour


Things have taken a detour. After several days of limited communication, we learn Linda had an accident.

Motorcycle accident
OUCH!!

In her own words (June 11, 2014):

First of all, I'm ok. We left Prudhoe today and the weather was bad. Should have stayed another day, but didn't. Apparently it had rained all night.
About 100 miles out of Deadhorse  the road really got bad. I mean really bad!  Slick, muddy and deep, horrible ruts. The bike was literally all over the place. Long story short, I went down and am now at a drilling site along the Alaska Pipeline waiting for an Aleyaska courier to pick me up at 6:30 am tomorrow and transport me to Fairbanks. The bike won't start, so the guys at Sag River are going to crane it onto a truck and put it in a safe place until I can get it picked up and hauled to Fairbanks to the Dealer.  This is the coolest place. Nobody gets to see the inside of one of these places. Security is very high. A haul road trucker picked me up in his 18 wheeler and took me to the Sag River DOT Station where a paramedic was called. It took him a long time to get there, but I have been treated like a princess.

My right shoulder is hurt, but I don't think anything is broken.  That's why you wear all the time all the time. I am so happy that I accomplished my goal and got Norm's sticker stuck on the general store and his little figurine is sitting on a display platform inside the store. Yeah!

I will give more details after I arrive in Fairbanks and have internet and am not so tired. I know you have lots of questions, but I'll explain when I'm not so tired.

Again, I am fine. This is turning into a REAL adventure. These people here are wonderful!!  Almost makes me want to move here. 😊. Not really.

More later.


X-rays show slight fracture in right shoulder. Ouch!
X-rays at the ER

At least she is (mostly) ok and continues to view this as an adventure. Her next email (June 12, 2014):

I just made it to Fairbanks and am in the ER right now. X-rays show slight fracture in my right shoulder. Just waiting to see the orthopedist. I rented a car so I could get around. Expensive, but I'll be ok. Need to get the bike to Fairbanks somehow. Then maybe fly out of here. We'll see. 

More later. Would you pls. pass the word to everyone?  Thx. 

Stay tuned. I don't know what will happen next. Then again, has anyone ever really known what Norm or Linda would do next?? When she is able to communicate again, I will post it. I want everyone to know she is all right. She is on the mend and will bounce back. Linda is definitely resilient. Amazingly so!

No comments:

Post a Comment